So its race week.
When I give it that title it makes it seem like I’m going to be doing a half or full. However I am still very content with 10k. It’s been a month since my last race and ready for some bling.
Born 2 Run Castleward Challange is this weekend and although Michael and Tara are braving what has been called a brutal half, I’m sticking within my comfort zone and doing the 10k.
But when it’s race week I’ve several things I do different..including my usual morning plans which are usually running.
1. Spend more time at the gym doing core and strength work
2. Do 1 run and try to keep it to trail early in the week
3. Make sure I take a full rest day on the Thursday
4. Friday Funday obviously so a wee walk
5. Try and I mean try (sometimes I don’t manage it) to eat well
6. Do at least 2 Spin classes
7. Thoroughly clean my house. Odd but let’s face it if I’m not out running I need to be productive. Day time tv is mind numbing.
I’m learning as time goes on about things that work and things I should avoid. One thing I have learned over the past few months is to not over think the race.
I got myself so worked up over my local 10k that it was the worst run ever. Let’s over look that I shouldn’t have been running it as I was ill and literally running on empty but it near drove me to hanging up my runners. If it wasn’t for an unplanned 10k the following week which I decided to do at 9.30pm the night before and knocked 6 mins of my time, I wouldn’t be contemplating a marathon that’s for sure.
So race week this week begins with Spin and Circuits tonight…